I have a hard time dealing with others

I have a hard time dealing with others

Friday, October 16, 2009

My week of frustration is coming to a close. The DOW is +10,000 and jobless is still at 9.8%. I am not retiring soon and have a job, so these are pointless factors to me.
I am looking forward to seeing my two nieces and one nephew this weekend. I love children. It's their state of mind that I adore so much. They have yet to be polluted with opinions that are irrelevant to their day to day life. The best part is that there is little, if any, ego. Just a sweet loving personality.
I wonder at what point in life that disappears? Seems as some people age they like to be seen, heard and held to a higher standard than their peers. It's just like the bags you find on a woman's shoulder. Some wear a purse that compliments their attire, others have large logos defining their ability to fork over $$$. Funny thing is that for every upper class woman sporting the real bag, there are 10x as many poorer ones donning the faux. In the end they all are fake unless proven otherwise. There $500 spent only purchased them a slight chance of being seen as wealthy. Poor investment if you ask me.

What about the person that runs there mouth dropping names? Lets not forget the possibility of children evolving into that person. These types are not as common but when one is around you will definitely hear them. When I hear them , I take a moment to pray that for whatever void they have in life it gets filled and soon, as well as take the sinner route and JUDGE them. How fun it is to sin. Makes the times you don't sin even more precious.

Ultimately for our future generations the best bet is that experience prevails as a lesson to them, not an excuse, for they type of person they become. Too many acknowledge their faults only to follow up with as to why they are like that. If I know something of a negative fashion is occurring due to a sequence of events, I go back and fix it. If i cant fix it, I find a new path.

As for the bike.
I am in a rut when it comes to cycling, not just cycling, but road racing. I had a less complicated life, void of excess drama, decisions that never had a good outcome and the ultimatums that always left a companion high and dry. Since the day I thought I needed more I have taken a huge step back and realized that I need less and less is what i will have. Less worries, obligations, wasted money and the not so good, less friends. Oh well, the good ol mountain bike will always open new doors to more down to earth people.

Today I pray for the OU fans, whose team sucks, that they can find peace and not excuse for the times their team fails. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment