I have a hard time dealing with others

I have a hard time dealing with others

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Elevator of a P-40 Warhawk


My wife rejoined me after her brief trip to Paris. I was in the tall grass field behind my house flying my scale P-40 when I heard the clap of a heavy exterior door shut. I slowly gazed up as I was focused on using my drill to spin up the prop and there stood my wife in all white. She blew me a kiss and started marching across the yard to the field in which I stood standing alone with my P-40 Warhawk. There I was, caught between my P-40 whom I had spent many dear hours with during Kelly's time away in France and Kelly, my wife that repeatedly leaves me while she travels abroad.

Oh, wait...that was over 7 years ago. The other day when she had all white on she was just running up to the store.

The past is such a glorious period that I long for only to find my mind tricks me into thinking it is the present. Sounds like Kim Jong-Il. My mind lies to me and keeps me safe from the world around me.

I will wear blue jeans today to symbolize freedom and take my camera with me in the event a Bald Eagle lands on my shoulder. He will lick the tear that falls from my eye as I reflect on how amazing this country was before the hippies ruined it in the 60s.

Emmett Wendell Perkins as a young man in San Antonio Texas 1920s.



No comments:

Post a Comment