I have a hard time dealing with others

I have a hard time dealing with others

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Error 404 reminds me of 808 STATE

I sit here wondering if we offered enough to seal the deal on a new home. If we lose out to someone else, then so be it. The search will continue. Today I will take a few photos and explain them, hopefully it will provide some insight as to who the guy wearing the BA kit is when not on the bike.


For starters I love my wife dearly. Count them. Yesterday was not even a holiday, just a day to remind her that I love her. The beauty of a gift of flowers is that each of us can enjoy them when in the room. The sweet aroma reminds us that spring is upon us, as well as bike racing season (yeah!)

Speaking of things of nature, I happen to be a collector of unusual plants. Here lurking beneath the leaves of a double bloom hibiscus, lies my little X492 hybrid. He was only 2 centimeters when I had him shipped to me from Florida. I have about 9 rare hybrids. I found a grower that has been crossing them for several years and is now releasing them to collectors. Speaking of cross, I am not interested in cyclo-cross.

I collect pens. Actually I collect things of high precision. Pens fall into that category, although they also fall into another category of things I like, fine resins, which include cuff links. Similar to the Swiss mechanized watch, a fountain pen is more than just a vessel containing ink, it is a machine that draws in the ink, stores it, and then allows it to flow out at such a rate that the captain is able to make there mark with total control and precision. Tuesday was a good day, Cross finally returned my Townsend after making a repair for me. How could I ever leave out my favorite time piece, the Festina Tour de France Chrono?





Golf, it's a hell of a sport. Collecting the small spheres is another pastime. This one in particular is from the Ryder Cup. I have a good story about this watch, it cost me about 20x the retail. It was an engagement gift to me from Kelly. She knew I had longed for the timepiece for years and when it came time for me to buy her a ring it was obvious I did not save enough to get myself the watch as well. Again I would like to add, she is well worth it and more.

Frankie Knuckles has two wonderful releases from the early 90s. Jamie Principle (1986?) is actually the one to thank, but nevertheless give these two a chance; The Whistle Song as well as Your Love I love early Chicago House.

I would like to post a couple of photos of home, so that you can view the essence of where I live as well as what I may be doing at any time, drinking a Malbec, enjoying the warm glow of the embers in the chimenea, or sitting here staring at my Song of Jamica plant.

On to cycling, my coach emailed me in regards to my power numbers. He said they were high. I was even asked to reply with my current weight. The best part is that I have lost 7-10 pounds since my last weight report. I guess the prescribed workouts are working. Now if I can only just get away from work to try these legs out.










Last but not least, Mystery Babylon. TKK.

These links are for the music, not the video content.

1 comment: