I have a hard time dealing with others

I have a hard time dealing with others

Thursday, February 26, 2009

My new favorite quote

Just going to church makes you as much of a Christian as standing in a garage makes you a car.

Well isn't that a slap in the face. I wanted to be a car too. Nevertheless we should stop and think this thought sometimes, you need to do more than just be present. Not just at church, but anything you have a passion for. This weekend I am not showing up to Austin to be a racer "testing the waters," I am there to win. Those that show to play just cause havoc to those that are there to contend. I feel pretty good this week anyways. Honestly, I understand that you can't always be in the top ten, but admitting that before going can't be very productive. Let's rewind to my first Cat III race. Denton, Texas downtown crit. Provided just a few races earlier I was rolling Cat V with not much experience at tactics, I entered to see what I was in for. I wrongly went into the situation wanting a top 20. Thanks to that attitude I got 8th. If I just would have shot for a more positive outcome (win) I would have been more concerned with my positioning at the final lap than I was.


This Lenten season I am once again going to try to omit foul language from my vocabulary. It's like cigarettes, hard to quit. If I ever plan on having kids in the near future this is a must. My wife and are reading 1/2 chapters from the book of John each night. It's a reminder that miracles do happen. Just like it's a miracle anyone still has a job, or that the market has not completely crashed under this administration.


If this season doesn't pan out to my liking look for me on the BMX track. I will have a black hat with the bill flattened out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment