I have a hard time dealing with others

I have a hard time dealing with others

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

3 hours in the saddle















I have a lovely wife. I would never tr
ade her or what we have for anything, not even a pro deal or world championship (easy to say since I am highly aware that is not an option :) ). After losing a dear friend to us this week, I have had a renewed perspective of what really is important in life and it has nothing to do with what I like, but what I have, and that is her. Our friend left behind her husband as well as many friends and family. It is a good reminder that our time here can be cut off at any moment and so can the life of someone we love.
Any second spent in anger is a second wasted.

Honestly as Americans in a developed country, despite how little one may make, we are truly blessed. We just become spoiled to what we have and as soon as one little thing does not go our way, we tend to blow up, which in turn does not solve anything, just creates an environment of discomfort for those around us. My good friend Deacon Dunbar said it best, We need to take note of each day we live that we are not in sorrow, for days of sorrow are always around the corner.

I am glad our friend Mindy is back home with the Lord again. She touched the lives of so many people in a positive way. Best of all her passing has made me once again appreciate the friends and family I have around me and her love for others has made me a better person. I am now cool with our new president.

On to a new more bicycle related paragraph.


If you think you are going to be the fas
test person on a bike in Oklahoma, you are not. It's a good goal, but just mentioning it cost you that title. My goal is to not let those that have these expectations achieve them. In these photos I kept it to myself, but I thought, " I may be rolling Sora 8 speed, but that is all I need." With this quiet though I rolled away from the pack on day 3 at Tulsa tough to an easy victory.



The bottom picture, only my wife and I knew that I wanted a State Championship. I delivered too. These were my early days (actually only last summer, since that is when I started racing on the road.) I was rolling Bicycle Alley solo. One man team with a hot cheerleader at every race (Kelly.)


Today I am rolling a 3 hour endurance ride. Yesterday 2 hour tempo workout, Monday worked on Anaerobic Threshold for 1.5 hours. As the season nears the hours in the saddle pick up.

Ryan and I will represent BAR at the 7th annual Lake McMurtry Challenge. We are a pretty fast duo on the mountain trail. We invite anyone to hang on to our wheel Friday mornings @ Lake Stanley Draper. We do endurance rides there most Fridays. Nevertheless come join us as James will have the Specialized Demo trailer there as well as many other great people with a good time in store for all. For more info call 405.372.2525


Here is a shot of me , once again BA, heading to a 2nd place in the short track competition at Hills of Hell. I wrecked my way out of first place.




1 comment:

  1. Excellent post Teammate! We, often I, do need to look at what we have and be more grateful for those things. My life has been blessed in so many ways but often times you look for that one thing that is just out of reach. Like I said, excellent post.

    All that being said, I guess I need to get me a mountain bike so I can participate in the McMurtry Challenge with you guys. We've got a great season fast approaching us and we're gonna make B.A.R. proud.

    ReplyDelete