I have a hard time dealing with others

I have a hard time dealing with others

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Perfect soil yields perfect tobaccos


This evening I am enjoying a nice Dunkel. Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Dark. Wonderful. It pleases my palate just the same as a fine Rare Corojo wrapped Don Pepin Garcia, which if my wife would allow, would be burning along side me as I type this. Yum, a fine cigar. Like bike racing, what you invest defines the final product. Lets use the Perdomo Lot 23 as an example. Named after the lot of virgin land just north of Perdomo's Esteli factory. The soil is so rich that 70% of the farm does not need fertilizer. Take this wonderful tobacco, ferment it for one year, bale-age for 3 years and cap it in a creamy Connecticut wrapper and you have one of the finest medium to full strength cigars on the market. That brings me to myself. I am the 70% fertile soil. Subject me to intense training and give me two guys of the same caliber to work with and the end result will be a winning team.

A three-some. Guy on bike action, not guy on girl on donkey.

Let's take a look at humanity.
I called the police today on what I felt was a child welfare situation. As I was returning to my car in the parking lot of the local grocer, I came upon what seemed to be a 14 year old trying to lift the frozen hood of a Buick. I set down my bags and lent a hand by showing the young lady the latch that was defeating her effort. As I was assuming her problem as needing a jump start, I noticed that she was not with an adult but several other children, one of which was not much older than 18 months. I seem to think that I own reliable vehicles, think being the key word, and dont carry jumper cables with me. Thus I was no help, but since the circumstance was what is was, weird, I stuck around. Another car pulled up across from them with jumper cab
les, they proceeded to jump the vehicle with no avail. That is when I suggested that they go inside to get warm and call for help. During that short period of time I witnessed several acts of neglect towards the toddler as well as the simple fact some irresponsible parents let there children out in the icy roads to hit up the grocery store. After all, 17 degrees outside and 4 inches of sleet fell today. I should have not been out, but the cookie recipe my dear Kelly was making required brown sugar of which ours had been exposed to moisture leaving it hard as a rock, thus placing me at the store obtaining more.
I called the police to file a report of what I was wittnessing. I will not stand for the neglect of a child no matter what. Adults can fend for themselves, but not children. I did and will continue to pray for those that face this neglect.

Speaking of neglect our nation needs to def
eat the presidents proposed approval of the Freedom of Choice Act. People say 9/11 was bad and at the same time think that killing an unborn child is okay. This will become the worst act of terroism this nation has ever seen. If you think you live a Christian life and have such values but still support this you are wrong. This little, miniscule, flash of eternity we call life is just that, momentary, just a short trip to the life of forever lasting life whether it be a life of damnation in hell, or salvation in heaven. God will not continue to protect us as a nation when we murder without conscience. Who would think, a baby, is the most frequently targeted to be murdered in this country, even before it is born?

If I were pinned in my car in a tragic wreck facing death, I would not be concerned about my escape. I would be concerned for those left behind and the decisions they are left to make, as well as the consequences they are yet to receive.

I have another pint of the ol' Weihenstephaner to consume and will sign off to do such. I pray for all I meet and those I have yet to encounter. Most of all I pray for our leaders.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment