I have a hard time dealing with others

I have a hard time dealing with others

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Another reason to hate the media, competitive cycling is great for me.


Today was another great day given to me by my savior the Lord, Jesus Christ. Thanks God.

Last night was great fun. My father celebrated his 64th birthday. Bowling, hibachi, great bourbon
and good times. This brings me to reflect on how fortunate I am to have such great family. In this photo there is my lovely mother as well as father, inspecting the quality craftmanship that was presented before them. I made that flag display case out of knotty alderwood. 1/4" glass plate. The encased flag was from my grandfathers funeral. He served our country as a pilot, one of the many defenders of freedom we take for granted. We celebrate the first anniversary of his death this May. We are fortunate to live in a great country as well.

Now why cant the media reflect this? Oh, yeah, it's the liberal media. Named that for a reason. THe doomsdayers. Four years ago the headlines stated "Republicans spending $42 million on inauguration while troops die in unarmored Humvees," today we get; "Historic Obama inauguration will cost only $120 million," an even better one, "Obama spends $120 million on inauguration; America Needs A Big Party." Enough said. I took an IQ test just now to prove a point. What is written here comes from someone that falls into a small percentile of the population, the highly gifted. I would love to see what the followers of the media test at, I doubt it breaks 100.


IQ Score
Free-IQTest.net - IQ Score

Insults aside, I hope that being around dumb ass people wont bring down what I am capable of processing. In the game of golf, it's proven you will play worse when competing in a group of a lessor skill, lets hope society doesnt follow that trend.

Well once again I have gone off on a rant of the political nature. I don't start my blog with this intention but then again it is to speak what is on my mind and most of the time anymore it is politics. Now on to Bicycle Alley Racing....
today was 3 hour endurance ride. 30 degrees outside and hanging out in Payne county at the in-laws house. So I chose the obvious, ride home. That I did. Hwy 177 south to hwy 33 west to hwy 77 south to sooner road to home. I smoked my front derailleur while shifting from my 39 to get into my 53. A dog came out of nowhere and tried to form a peleton with me. I paced him, watching the cars beside me as well as keeping an eye on this cow dog (heeler of some sorts,) wondering when he was going to go for the kill. If I had a gun in my lobster claws I would have not shot at this dog, for I did not see his running aside me as a threat, but then I was thinking as soon as he gets just a bit further up he may make the cut and cause me to wreck. Game over, I thought, as I threw my gear up to the 53 and launched into a sprint, which at this point in time the traffic in the lane next to me subsided. Suddenly my legs halted. The chain bound up in my front derailleur almost catapulting me into the highway. With a quick back pedal the chain freed up and I was safely in my 53 and rapidly leaving the dog behind. Well, I looked down and my baby Sram Red derailleur was octagnal in shape as opposed to the rectangular shape it holds when normal. I leaned over and hit it with my lobster claw covered hand, which made it functional again. It still rubs my chain.

Tomorrow a day of rest and tune ups. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment